The String House offers a 100% trade-in policy for violins, violas, cellos, bows, and cases purchased from The String House provided the following conditions are met:
- The trade is of an instrument to an instrument or a bow to a bow.
- The trade must be of equal or greater value.
- The instrument or bow must not have suffered any significant damage in which case The String House will assess damage costs and make proper adjustments.
- An instrument or bow may not be traded for store credit.
- The trade in policy does not make the provisions for nor imply that The String House will “Buy back” an instrument or bow.
- All instruments and bows must be returned with certification papers if said instrument and bow was originally sold with certification papers.
- Bows may be traded at 100% when upgrading to a higher value bow.
- Cases may be upgraded at 100% trade-in value only when it is necessary to accommodate a larger instrument.